*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Wee Highland Cow (b.6 August 2009)

This wee beastie measures 3cm from horn tip to horn tip (2cm across the base). This is only my second attempt at an Aberdeen Angus (thanks to Sheila for reminding me of the proper name!), and it was much easier this time around.

I used the same colour clay (terracotta) for the body as for the hair, and thicker extruded clay, so it didn't take so long to put on. I also attached the face and horns before starting on the hair, and that has resulted in a more integrated feel. I've also made the horns more exaggerated, which again helps to balance the overall shape. The next job will be to make a Wee Sheep using the same sort of approach.
Wee Highland Cow is now on sale at my Folksy.com shop - click here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment