*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Millefiori Panel No 1 (1 August 2009)

(1.5" x 1.5")
My first experiment with canes! I rolled out four squares of different colours using scrap clay (cerise, pale blue, cobalt, and maroon) through the pasta machine on the thickest setting.

Then I cut the stack in half and stacked one half on top of the other. After reducing it quite roughly, I cut 2mm slices and squared off the edges with a tissue blade. These were then placed on a square of purple clay and baked. One of the squares isn't quite 'square', but I like the overall effect.

No comments:

Post a comment