*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Flower and Star Card Toppers (31 August 2009)

I made this flower card topper for my friend Nicola's birthday. I love the bright colours, and using a thin log as a frame (with mitres) helps to set it off very well.
The star card toppers were made from the scrap clay from the canes used for the Purple Millefiori Cats. Again, using a contrasting frame really helps to bring it together, and I will now try this technique with some of the abstract panels I've designed.
We visited the Paper Mill Shop in Burneside near Kendal a few days ago, and I stocked up on a great range of A5 colourful cards. I am planning to design a range of handmade cards with polymer clay toppings, in A7 and A6 sizes. My preference is very much for simple cards without much frippery, so that's what I'll be making!

No comments:

Post a Comment