*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

30th Birthday Card Topper (28 August 2009)

This is the card I made for my friend Jo. I had some scrap clay left over from the Spotty Cats, so I used the metallic blue as a background, and then twisted the pink and the blue together into a stripey snake log. Once the log was thin enough, I made the number 30 out of it, and also cut out some tiny hearts from mixed pink and blue clay using a small cutter.

I then applied a border round the panel using the the rest of the stripey log, and used mitre cuts to get the corners right. A coat of satin varnish followed, and then I mounted the panel onto matching blue card, and stuck the resultant larger panel into a square aperture card using double sided sticky tape.

The panel measures 4.5cm wide x 4cm high.

1 comment:

  1. ...and very flattered I was to receive it too.
    It's pinned above my desk at work :O)

    ReplyDelete