*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Tall Love Cat & Tall Spotty Cat (b.29 August 2009)

I had a lot of fun making these two elegant cats - they measure 5cm tall and 2cm wide. My cats just seem to be getting taller!

I love the striking colours, and having hearts and dots inlaid into the clay makes sure that they don't take themselves too seriously! I'm much happier with these Spotty Cats than my first attempts - I rolled out the clay for the dots much thinner than I did before, which meant I could press them into the clay with very little distortion.

I finished off the cats with a coat of satin varnish - it really does bring out their natural elegance and charm!

Both cats are available for sale at my Folksy.com shop - click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment