*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Rose Blush Abstract Cards (8 September 2009)

After the success of the initial venturing forth into abstract panels, I played around with some different colours. And this was the start of a very long day for me - I was up at 6am, cup of tea in hand, and I started mixing colours to see what came up!

I love how these panels have turned out - they look like ceramic or terracotta. I achieved this by rolling out very pale clay (white and pale beige), then putting a dark pink/red over it and rolling them both together. This resulted in the darker colour becoming stretched which thinned out the pigment, allowing the white to shine through beneath. Contrasting strands of deep rose and pink completes the look.
As I mixed the clay after making each panel, the colours have subtly changed, resulting in truly unique colours and designs. Going forward, I intend to  mount most of the panels on cards, and then select a few of the best panels to mount on board to selling as ready-to-frame pictures. Keep an eye out for these cards going on sale in my online shops.
There are 10 cards in this range - eight are A6, with panels measuring 3cm x 3cm, and two are A7 size with panels measuring 2cm x 2cm. I have mounted the panels on a pale salmon pink card, which really sets off the rich colours of the panels. The cards come with white envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment