*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Springbok Cat (b.13 December 2009)

Meet Springbok Cat (or as I seem inclined to call him, Reebok Cat!) A commission from a rugby-mad former South African colleague of mine, this was a fairly straight forward design, apart from making up the shirt badges, which I have to confess were a bit fiddly.



Standing 4cm tall, this wee kitten has a burly look about him, mainly due to the thick gold and white collar. I made the body out of tan Sculpey III clay, and then rolled out a thin sheet of leaf green clay for the shirt. I did quite a bit of research on the strip itself, and I've ended up with a hybrid cross between the old style V neck shape, and the current springbok and shield badges. 

Doing this commission has got me thinking about some sporting cats - they lend themselves very well to football and rugby shirts, so if anyone out there has any special requests for favourite team colours, do get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment