*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Pumpkin Cats (b.6 October 2009)

I woke up at 5.30am this morning dreaming of Pumpkin Cats. As you do. So I got up and tried them out - I had a very clear picture of what I was aiming for, and I'm pleased to say that they turned out pretty much exactly as I had hoped!

These were based on the Roly Poly Cat design, and I used Sculpey III (Sweet Potato colour) clay. The pumpkin lines were made by rolling the ball of clay over the edge of a credit card. A wee green stalk on top completes the look, and a coat of satin varnish gives them a nice sheen.

The Pumpkin Cats will make their debute at the craft fairs this weekend in Ilkley and Pudsey, and I've also listed them for sale on Folksy and Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. So cute. They look as if they've just stuffed their chubby cheeks with some lovely pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete